Wednesday 24 December 2014

Gifts for the kids...

It's been a busy few days, with me taking every opportunity to get behind my sewing machine as possible!

I've managed to finish off two projects for the kids as well as a couple of projects for others in the family... But will have to share those once they've been gifted just in case!!

For Alex I decided to go for a superhero cape, plus a matching one for his favourite soft toy, Bunny. I didn't use a pattern for this one, just made it up as I went. The 'super Alex' letter A on the back was also designed by myself, with some input from my dad. I appliquéd the design using blanket stitch and matching threads.




I love the brightness of the lining fabric I chose :) hoping he likes it too. 

For Sofia I've spruced up a hand-me-down... I'm giving her a wooden doll's bassinet that was mine as a girl, but I've done up new bedding. Mattress, pillow and mini quilt... All in pink with fairy fabric!



The bassinet wasn't the easiest thing in the world to wrap I must say!! 

Looking forward to seeing the kids' face expressions tomorrow morning. 

Merry Christmas and until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment