Friday 8 August 2014

Some birthday stitching and more...

Again it's been awhile since I posted, it feels like so much has been happening but not much worthy of blogging about (work, home, children, work, home, children - you get the idea!).

It's a certain little girl's birthday coming up this week, so I've been trying to get some stitching done at night to finish off a little cross-stitch for her. It's a Somebunny to Love pattern that I fell in love with from issue 202 of The World of Cross Stitching. This is where I was at a couple of nights ago...


Since then I've done more work on the bunny's dress. Bunny is holding a daffodil, and there are a couple of balloons that are supposed to trail the presents... but they may or may not be on my finished product depending on my time over the next few days (which is looking somewhat limited unfortunately).

Weekends have also been filled up with a bit of organisation of the house... there is a corner of my living room that's slightly out of the way and perfect for a "kids corner" however was becoming more of a toy dumping ground which was starting to annoy me every time I walked past...


A flat pack, a trusty helper, my scrapbooking hammer (I should probably invest in a proper hammer!), a trip back to the shop as the flat pack was missing some bits, and wa-la! A shelving unit!




I'm really happy with the result -I think it really 'makes' the area into a designated "corner" as well as keeping things organised.


I'll hopefully be back soon to share the celebrations of this almost one-year-old...


Until next time xx

2 comments:

  1. Ahh toys. My daughter just turned one last month, and her toys are taking over the lounge as well :-)

    I like your Some Bunny piece - very cute. Hope you managed to get it finished in time for the big day. Happy birthday to your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy your little pet being one already! Great work putting the flat pack together. Not sure I could do it!

    ReplyDelete